Yep…it’s true! You’ve only got a few shopping weeks left until the holidays arrive. Now I know I’ve given you some tips on how to select jewelry as a gift, but I thought I’d make your life even a little bit easier with some specific gift ideas.
1. Personalized mom or grandmother jewelry is a very thoughtful gift, and there is a wide array of choices out there! Initials, birthstones, names, you can find it! One site I discovered that has a very nice selection at reasonable price points is Hearts on Your Wrist. Don’t let the name fool you, as it’s much more than just bracelets! I thought these pendants were especially versatile, as they’re not “too too” and can be layered with other necklaces.
2. If you’ve got children, grandchildren, a niece or any little one in your life who loves jewelry, then a children’s jewelry making kit would be an ideal gift! I vividly remember the shoebox full of beads I had as a little girl, and the hours I spent creating the most exquisite (in my mind!) pieces! Crayola’s Model Magic Jewelry Studio is double the fun, because you actually get to design and make your own beads!
I also think the Bead Bazzar Sofista Bead Kits are very chic, from the packaging to the contents. They come in beautifully coordinated collections, so your creations are bound to be stunning.
3. Long ago I wrote about charm bracelets, and I still think they’re one of the best gifts around. They’re appropriate for any age, and once you start one for someone, you have a built-in gift to give them each year. Suppose that this year your gift recipient went to Paris? Or just decorated her place in a French style? Then perhaps a charm of the Eiffel Tower might be just the ticket for her! I have ordered from Precious Accents many times, and I feel it’s one of the most comprehensive sites out there.
4. Family heirloom jewelry is an amazing gift you may not have thought about. Usually gifted after your love one passes away, consider how wonderful it might be to give one of your treasured pieces to someone while you’re still here to see them enjoy it. I have been the lucky recipient of such amazing treasures on more than one occasion. My Aunt Jean has given me quite a few things that belonged to my grandmother, and I just adore them! In fact, just this past week I wore her big opal ring, which I can clearly picture my grandma wearing with her floor-length lavender crystal-pleated, polyester dress back in the 1970’s. To make it even more special, my aunt also gave me matching opal earrings which she herself purchased on a trip to Australia. Sooooo special!
5. Cubic zirconia studs are a basic to almost any jewelry wardrobe no matter what your personal style may be, yet I’m surprised how many people don’t have them! Now of course diamond studs are fan-tabulous, but personally I love my cz’s, because I can get the carat weight I want (I think 3-4 tcw is best) without the hefty price tag. And do you think anyone can tell that they’re faux? Certainly not! I learned the hard way not to get them set in sterling, as they quickly tarnish and there goes the whole “lookin’ real” thing! Instead, I think cz set in real white or yellow gold is best. Gold, platinum or rhodium-plated sterling are also good bets. Nordstrom has many cz options, so it’s a good place to check out.
I hope you find these suggestions helpful, and if you come up with some gift ideas you love, please share!!